Friday 22 October 2010

Media Magazine

First Draft


Second Draft


Final Product

As you can see my magazine cover went through some changes before it reached the final product. Even though drafts one and two are blank it's because we wanted to show where we were going to have everything by using the final product and our plans.

Draft one, in my opinion, looked more retro then the final product. I felt like I had chosen the wrong font for the main title "Films4You". I then decided to change it to a more suitable font but then found out by looking at it that Draft 2 looked too cartoon like. I decided to go with black in draft 2 because I took the picture during that time which made me change my decision because of the black suit that my main character was wearing.

The pictures were hard to get because of how much free time people had, just like the films trailer, the people who said they were going to be the main characters could not do it because of time differences in free lessons. We decided to go with a bunch of people would were free when we were free, so we could easiley take the pictures, however for this picture I took it at home with a family member. I set up the area in my living room using old boxes which came from another family member ordering something online. I felt like it made the picture look more old, like the killers hideout. The comedy aspect in this magazine is easiley seen. I came up with the idea when watching Tim burtons Alice in wonderland with the Mad hatters tea party. I thought this would be a good idea because it would fit in with the title "Killing Time" and it's tagline "Time flied by".

The teaset was just a present that was supposed to get given to someone but ended up being left in the cuboard for months. I decided to use this and not real tea cups to show the comedy like aspect that I want people to know about in the film.

I decided to use the ghostface killer in this film magazine because it would be similar to the Joker magazine cover in empire.

Another smart thing which I have done is used, pictures that I have used in past work. The Hankicheifs, a spoof of the Kaiser chiefs was from our music magazine project 2 years ago in year 12. I have made it so the band is releasing a film documentry about the bands life and tour. The security picture was used a year ago in year 13 for this same project. This time the film is getting a sequel to show that the movies and band are progressing. I thought it would be a good idea to show past creations progressing in there lifes, even though it's not real, it's nice to show that I can use them in a good way to remind people and myself of my last bits of work.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to post up your hand-drawn and developed drafts as well as documenting the production process.

    ReplyDelete